RTCF Junior Board of Directors
Mission of the RTCF Junior Board
The mission of the RTCF Junior Board is to support the overall mission and activities of the Raleigh Testicular Cancer Foundation by acting as ambassadors and developing leadership and technical skills. The Junior Board will also engage other community members ages 15-35 to interact with RTCF, while developing the skills to become the next generation of directors.
Purpose of the Junior Board
The RTCF Junior Board will be formed to identify and assist in the development of emerging community leaders. This opportunity will support the development of leadership skills, while providing an opportunity for young adults to perform meaningful philanthropic service. These individuals will be able to provide a youthful perspective in board development, fundraising, and community outreach efforts of RTCF. The Junior Board will be overseen by the Chairman of the Senior Board of Directors.
Why Join the RTCF Junior Board?
- To support RTCF’s mission to provide education and awareness about testicular cancer and men’s health
- To support cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors of testicular cancer
- To play an active role in engaging other young people to interact and support RTCF, including fundraising campaigns, advocacy, and awareness programs
- To enhance your resume and partake in important community service efforts while gaining a sense of philanthropy
- To develop leadership skills and the potential to join the RTCF Board of Directors in the future
- To gain a high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience
- To enhance your professional network
- To meet a great group of people and have FUN!
What do Junior Board Members do?
- Conduct board meetings
- Learn about the role of RTCF in the community
- Community outreach
- Develop fundraising, education, and awareness campaigns
- Public speaking
- Group decision-making
- Project idea generation
- Newsletter planning
- Grant research and applications
- Develop fundraising skills
Junior Board Members must:
- Be 18-30 years old and display an extraordinary commitment to philanthropy, fundraising and advocacy
- Be in good standing with the community
- Be an enthusiastic community advocate for the mission of RTCF, especially among Raleigh’s young professional community
- Attend at least 2 RTCF events annually
- Be active, contributing members of the Junior Board, including attending Junior Board meetings, fundraising events, and volunteering at RTCF events
- Must be present and ready to contribute to all scheduled bi-monthly board meetings, including being prepared to share ideas with the board
- Plan and execute at least one major fundraisers in a calendar year
- Be actively involved in the solicitation of funds by recruiting donors, corporations, and individuals to support the organization, its mission, and events/activities
- Commit to a one-year term with the option to continue involvement after the first term
- Establish standards and expectations for Junior Board members
- Identify, nominate, consider, and elect new Directors and Officers of the Junior Board
RTCF Junior Board of Directors Application
Thank you for applying to the RTCF Junior Board of Directors! Please fill out the below application and we will be in touch.